POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : office supplies - ink bottle : Re: office supplies - ink bottle Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: office supplies - ink bottle
From: Jim Charter
Date: 13 Feb 2008 19:54:50
Message: <47b3915a$1@news.povray.org>
Chris B wrote:
> "Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message
>
>> Here's a first try
>>

> I've just emailed you a slightly higher resolution image with brighter
> colours.

Cool

> I spent last night working on a macro for a label to go round angled
> multi-facetted polyhedron with bevelled and rounded corners, such as your
> octagonal bottle. I've got the macro to do the shape.

Perhaps the bottles themselve might lend to using csg, the mesh macros I
am using are quite clunky and a little difficult to really make bullet
proof.

I'll be working on the
> image definition for that as time allows. Do you have a picture of its
> label?

Well not that particular one but the shape is of a common type some of
which do have labels

check these sites
http://www.pendemonium.com/bottles.htm

the dark bottle is on this page:
http://www.antiquebottles.com/ink/inkwell.html

there is this one too though I haven't rally explored this site:
http://www.1001inkbottles.com/